Battlefield 3 (commonly abbreviated as BF3) is a Battlefield game made by Digital Illusions CE and is a sequel to Battlefield 2. It was released on October 25 2011 for the PC PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Battlefield 3 was revealed on February 4 2011 with a teaser trailer and was the cover story of the March 2011 issue of GameInformer. It was first showcased on March 1 2011 during GDC 2011 which revealed unedited gameplay for the first time.
48-hour beta access for Battlefield 3 was packaged with every Limited and Tier 1 Edition of Medal of Honor. DICE announced on February 3 2011 that the release of Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2's Onslaught DLC were cancelled for the PC to concentrate all their workforce on Battlefield 3 and that they will make it their biggest Battlefield release yet even going so far as calling it "the best Battlefield game ever." DICE also confirmed that the different versions of the game would not differ too much but the PC version would be getting extra attention in the sense that they would not limit themselves to the technical capabilities of consoles and that the different versions were being developed separately.
Overview Voltar ao índice »
Battlefield 3 includes both singlepla
Jets made their return as pilotable vehicles prone also returned as an available stance and the PC version is able to support 64 pla
With the help of the Frostbite 2 engine Battlefield 3 introduces Destruction 3.0. An improvement over Bad Company 2's Destruction 2.0 version 3.0 allows for a much larger range of destructible objects alongside buildings and more realistic destruction. For example when the pla
Audio was another focus for the game. There are audio cues that for example will let the pla
Several sources confirmed that console versions of the game would get smaller multipla
Lead weapon designer for Battlefield 3 Alan Kertz stated in an EA PWNED interview (see video section):
- "We're going for a really authentic feel in Battlefield 3. So the big thing that we're looking at is what guns are actually being used by armies and obviously we have the Marines in Battlefield so first thing we did is go in and look for the Marine weapons but we also want that little bit extra special because fun is still something really important in Battlefield. So we went ahead and looked at other forces and said: "What sticks out? What looks cool? What is unique? What fills a role that we don't have?" And we went and we picked those guns and brought those into Battlefield as well."
As Battlefield 3 is not a sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Marlowe Sweetwater Haggard and Redford will not make an appearance in the game. An article on Kotaku states that the single-pla
A fact sheet released by EA listed all of the game's weapons weapon accessories vehicles specializations and noted there would be nine multipla
Voltar ao índice »
- Semper Fidelis
- Operation Swordbreaker
- Going Hunting
- Operation Guillotine
- Thunder Run
- Fear No Evil
- Night Shift
- Rock and a Hard Place
- The Great Destroyer
The gameplay in the singlepla
The campaign starts with an unknown US Marine running across a street in New York City towards a break in a fence. He the climbs through the fence and jumps down onto a train passing beneath him ducking as the train enters a tunnel and forcing his way into the train. The soldier grabs a gunman's pistol and fights his way towards the front of the train. There he finds a green container and a final gunman. Before the marine can act he is tackled and pinned by another man who holds a revolver to his face demanding if he is alone
The game then shifts to eight hours earlier with the arrival of two CIA agents Gordon and Whistler in an interrogation chamber with the marine revealed to be Henry Blackburn handcuffed to a chair inside the chamber. The two then start questioning Blackburn who goes on to talk about his knowledge of a person named Solomon who he claims is a terrorist planning an attack on New York City. The agents then ask Blackburn about his involvement in Operation Swordbreaker to where he then recaps his role in the operation.
Nine months prior Blackburn's unit was tasked with finding a missing patrol. As they make their way through the city they engage in firefights with insurgents. After multiple firefights a huge earthquake tears apart the city knocking Blackburn unconscious. Blackburn then tells of how he escaped from the ruined city where he was forced to fight his way through PLR lines to reach an evacuation site. It is soon revealed that at the time Faruk Al-Bashir and the People's Liberation and Resistance (PLR) have swept to power in Iran following a coup d'etat in the country. The US had responded by sending in a Marine invasion force to remove him from power and crush the PLR.
Back in the interrogation chamber Blackburn is told of the actions of Lt. Jennifer Hawkins a pilot who had performed an airstrike over Tehran which Blackburn's unit had been tasked with performing a Battle Damage Assessment on. The airstrike which was aimed to kill Al-Bashir had unfortuately failed but the invasion continued with a general attack on Tehran being undertaken. As Blackburn and fellow marines David Montes and Steve Campo reach their destination in the Bank of Tehran they discover a nuclear bomb in a Russian suitcase in the bank's main vault. The group also discovers that two bombs from the suitcase are missing. Calling for support/evacuation from other Marine units Blackburn's squad stays in the bank awaiting extraction.
Back in New York Blackburn is told of how eight hours prior Dmitri "Dima" Mayakovsky and two other GRU operatives Kiril and Vladimir attempted to stop the bomb from being detonated. As the group chase down the PLR carrying one of the nuclear boms they engage in multiple firefights in Paris.As the unit begins to move down an alleyway following after the bomb carrier a PLR insurgent fires anRPG-7V2 missing Dima and Kiril but hits a bus near Vladimir setting him flying. As he lands a large piece of shrapnel is found piercing his chest. Dima drags Vladimir to safety but he orders them to go on without him saying that he would "hold them off"eventually succuming to his injuries. The two eventually catch up to the carrier but find it to be a decoy. Moments later the actual bomb explodes at the EURONXT exchange killing some 80000 people.
Backburn then tells the agents of how Sergeant Jonathan "Jono" Miller and Anvil 3 answered his unit's distress call from the bank in Tehran. As the Tank Battalion crosses Kavir-e to reach Blackburn's unit 10 T-72 tanks arrive from behind a sand dune and fire on the Abrams. The Marines halt and engage in "vehicle warfare"all throughout the desert. When Sergeant Miller and hia crew finally reach Blackburn their tank takes heavy ***age. He then decides to stay behind to provide cover fire via turret for the unit as they escape. Miller is eventually over run attacked from behind and knocked out by the PLR. The agents then show Blackburn the video the PLR released of Miller being executed by Solomon following a short monologue by Faruk Al-Bashir.
Blackburn then responds by telling the agent of how they later captured Al-Bashir shortly following Miller's execution. After Blackburn and Campo provide sniper support for Misfit they are then ordered to find join them in capturing Al-Bashir. Shortly after they find Miller's execution site where a small firefight follows. As the unit arrives at Al-Bashir's presumed location they spot him attempting to escape in a vehicle. Blackburn then quickly disables his vehicle and in incapacitating him. Blackburn and Campo then carry Al-Bashir to a nearby mall to await extraction as the PLR closes in. At the extraction Al-Bashir gives them information about Solomon and his plan to detonate the two remaining nukes before dieing. Campo and Blackburn then check his cell phone for further intel.
Blackburn then tells of what happened as the the misfit units moved toward Amir Kaffarov's villa with the intent of killing him to cover up the Russians assumed involvement with the PLR.. While riding in Growler ITVs the unit is attacked by a Russian unit and engage in a firefight. Shortly after they proceed on foot to the nearby highway witnessing hundrends of Russians parachuteing in. As Blackburn his squad and Cole reach the end of the highway most of Misfit has been disabled. A Russian Su-25TM streaks overhead strafing the Marines. After an initial confusion it is revealed that the necessary anti-air weapons -- the FIM-92 Stingers -- were on the Growler ITVs that were at the head and rear of the convoy. They then make a dash for the ITVs at the front of the convoy realizing it was too far to go back to the ones at the rear of the Convoy moving from cover to cover as the Su-25 makes passes at them. Finally Blackburn obtains a Stinger and manages to bring down the Russian fighter. On the aircraft's last passhowever he learns that Christian Matkovic and Campo were both killed. This leads Montes and Blackburn to separate themselves and arrive at odds with Cole who seems undeterred.
Blackburn then tells of how Dima Kiril and Vladimir entered the villa hours before Blackburn's squad had.After skydiving in and investigating a weapons drop the squad then enters a vehicle proceed to the villa. Upon being discovered they drive just outside the villa and fight their way in. Upon entering a variety of rooms in search of Kaffarov they then hideout containing a meeting room a shooting range a vault and a training room taking out Kaffarov's men along the discover an underground hideout. After fight their way throught the hideout they eventually reach a stairway leading up to a helipad where Kaffarov's chopper is about to take off. Dima then sprints toward the helicopter and grabs onto the edge of it just as it's starting to lift off. Dima and Kaffarov then engage in a fist fight before falling out the helicopter into the glass ceiling and pool below. Kaffarov begs for mercy and promises to tell Dima about any information about Solomon for his freedom but is knocked out by Dima with a punch to the face.
Blackburn then arrives at the villa with Cole and is ordered to scout ahead through the burning villa. He then discovers a knocked out Kaffarov at the pool house and Dima holding what looks to be a MP-443. Dima then explains about how the nuclear WMDs were stolen from Russia and that Solomon's next target is New York. Blackburn's officer Cole attempts to arrest Dima but Blackburn is quickly forced to shoot Cole. Blackburn then proceeds to stop Solomon from destroying New York while Dima Kiril and Vladimir go to Paris to capture the other bomb. Feeling Blackburn has given them enough information the agents reveal that Solomon is actually a US asset. They then bring Montes in the room and try to persuade Blackburn to falsely confess that it was Dima who planted the Paris bomb and not Solomon. However as the two men leave after receiving a call that a train has been kidnapped Blackburn and Montes take out the two men (Agent Whistler and an unnamed guard) when they return. The two then escape and Blackburn jumps onto the train and jumps through a window onto it. He then fights his way to the end until being ambushed by Solomon. The two then fight and Blackburn disarms him using another PLR operative as a shield destroying the train's engine.
After a short chase in the sewers Blackburn proceeds out onto the streets of New York. Montes arrives with a stolen police car and picks him up chasing Solomon to Times Square. In the end Montes rams the car into Solomon's and both Montes and Blackburn barely escape. Solomon then leaves his vehicle and prepares to excecute Blackburn. Montes tries to shoot Solomon but is shot causing some onlookers to run in fear. As Solomon pulls the trigger the cyclinder is empty. The two then engage in a short fist fight and. After Solomon gets the upper hand Blackburn is able to weaken him and then proceeds to bash his forehead in with a piece of debris. He then finds the nuke and quickly disables it.
The scene then goes to Dmitri Mayakovsky now diagnosed with radiation poisoning from the explosion in Paris. Overwhelmed with what he had to do in the Russian military Dima writes a suicide note and is believed to have shot himself. However a knock was heard on the door and the screen goes black before the shot is heard leaving it a mystery whether he shot himself and whoever was at the door.
Co-op Campaign Voltar ao índice »
The mode supports two pla
The first co-op gameplay debuted at EA's Gamescom 2011 Conference. It featured DICE general manager Karl Magnus-Troedsson and EA Games executive vice president Patrick Soderlund demoing the mission Exfiltration. The gameplay showcased the the new thermal weapons smarter A.I. teammate reviving and Bad Company 2's spot mechanic.
David Spinnier lead co-op designer stated that the levels will have randomized elements that change each time a co-op level is played making it a different experience every time Spinnier also said that the missions will be shorter to aid replayability.
In Operation Exodus both pla
As the pla
Fire from the Sky
Two fireteams callsign Warrior are air assaulted into the village in which a high-ranking general with top-secret intel is being held captive with the intent of safely recovering him. The pla
As the two units meet heavy resistance on their waythey disembark from their UH-1Y Venoms and the marines come under fire from two mortar positions. The two pla
They are again bogged down by RPG and small arms fire. As they trade fire with the PLR insurgents two BMP-2s are deployed from the center of the village.Once the enemy armor is destroyed the marines work their way towards a building in which the general is being held. Meanwhile several BMPs and mobile anti-aircraft platforms begin to advance on the complex to stop the marines from succeeding in recovering the general. By this point the general has been recovered and is being extracted to a clearing near the complex where the two UH-1Y Venoms will again pick them up. Pla
Once he is taken the pla
Hit And Run
Tied loosely to the events of the main Battlefield 3 campaign Hit and Run takes place in the office building of a corrupt business in Paris that is a front for terrorism. It is the pla
At the start of the mission pla
Drop 'Em Like Liquid
Once in the apartment the pla
The strike team then begins to make their way towards the embassy where even more hostages are being held. After a short melee with several PLR insurgents who had made their way up to the vantage point apartment the pla
The Eleventh Hour
The mission starts out with pla
They then arrive at the exchange building surrounded by police barricades. Pla
Voltar ao índice »
In the magazine GameInformer it was also hinted of various tweaks some of which were mentioned above such as pla
Additionally DICE confirmed at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo that the size of multipla
There will be a set of four playable classes. Karl Magnus Troedsson at E3 2011 stated:
yers will have a choice of four classes. For example you have the classic Assault class which goes in a destroys things and kills people. However he always had to stay near his buddies. If he died he would need to wait for a Medic to come. Now that didn't work out very well and now what we did is that we sort of mixed the classes together. So you can have a sort of assault medic."
In terms of game modes there are currently six modes that have been confirmed. All game modes except Conquest Assault are available in all nine multipla
yers: 64 (PC) 24 (Consoles)
- Focus: Objective-ba
sed all-out Warfare.
- Goal: Attack/defend M-COM stations
- Victory conditions:
- Attackers - Destroy all M-COM stations
- Defenders - Deplete the attackers' respawn tickets
ription - The Rush game-mode was confirmed at E3 where the Operation Métro trailer/map was revealed. The main essence of the game-mode has changed very little with attackers trying to destroy M-COM stations and defenders trying to kill the attackers. However in Battlefield 3 there are three main changes to the game-mode - only the M-COM charge can destroy the station instead of the charge and explosives; if the attackers run out of tickets while the M-COM charge is still active the game will continue until the charge is disarmed or the M-COM destroyed; and if the timer on an armed M-COM charge runs out when a defender is disarming the charge the charge will continue until the defender disarms it or is killed. As an all-out warfare mode Rush features a large variety of vehicle setups tuned specifically to that map’s landscape and features. Pla yers can find all types of vehicles on Rush maps including transport vehicles armored vehicles helicopters and of course jets. Rush offers a compelling objective ba sed all-out warfare game mode for Battlefield veterans.
yers: 8 (4 vs 4)
- Focus: Squad-ba
sed Infantry Combat
- Goal: Attack/defend M-COM stations
- Victory Conditions:
- Attackers - Destroy all M-COM stations
- Defenders - Deplete the attackers tickets
ription: Returning from Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Squad Rush is a test to show which of two squads is the superior unit. Squad Rush is an extremely tight duel between two squads that borrows the main rules from the normal Rush mode but in a much more confined setting. In Squad Rush there are only 2 ba ses with 1 M-COM station per ba se meaning that every M-COM taken or defended in Squad Rush is vital to the victory or defeat of the game. There are no vehicles in Squad Rush making the game-mode more about infantry skills and tactics rather than brute force and firepower.
yers: 24/32/64 (PC) 24 (Consoles)
- Focus: Objective-ba
sed all-out warfare.
- Goal: Capture and hold flags.
- Victory Conditions: Deplete the opposing team's tickets.
ription: Conquest is the most classic of Battlefield game modes. Introduced in Battlefield 1942 Conquest has been as staple of the entire Battlefield series throughout it's entirety. Set over a series of large-scale maps Conquest is the game mode best suited for the experience of all-out vehicle warfare. In Conquest two teams fight for control of a number of flags by being the dominant force in the vicinity of each ba se. Capture and keep control of a majority of the flags and the enemy team will bleed tickets. Killing enemies will also reduce their ticket count and the first team to run out of tickets loses. Conquest is a strategic and tactical game that often asks pla yers to make important decisions on whether to attack an enemy ba se or defend one of your own. The limited forces available to each side will rarely be enough to hold each and every flag in the map so in-game communication and quick thinking is necessary to be victorious.
yers: 16 (4 squads of 4)
sed Infantry Combat
- Goal: Eliminate a set number of enemy combatants
- Victory Conditions: The squad that reaches the designated number of kills first wins.
- Infantry Fighting Vehicle is an advantage for team who acquires it.
ription: Squad Deathmatch is a larger and more dynamic variety of deathmatch that also features the inclusion of an Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV). The IFV can help break any stalemate in the game as long as a squad keep it alive. The 4 squad setup means that there is a constant battle throughout the game to gain and maintain the lead. Sticking together keeping squad members healed up supplied and vehicles repaired are the keys to victory. The squad that can combine the potent Battlefield mix of team play and combat prowess will be proven the winner.
yers (PC and Consoles): 24
- Focus: Team-ba
sed Infantry combat
- Goal: Eliminate a set number of enemy combatants
- Victory Conditions: The team that reaches the designated number of kills first is declared winner.
ription: Team Deathmatch is of the true classics when it comes to multipla yer game modes and a game mode that makes its first appearance in the Battlefield series. In Team Deathmatch two teams of 12 pla yers fight it out on tight knit maps with a distinct infantry focus – there are no vehicles available in Team Deathmatch. For that quick instant action fix this is the perfect game mode. For pla yers new to Battlefield this is a good place to start. Once pla yers get the hang of the infantry gameplay they can move on to deeper modes that include the signature vehicle warfare for which Battlefield is known and loved.
yers: 24/32/64 (PC) 24 (Consoles)
- Focus: Objective-ba
sed all-out warfare.
- Goal: Capture and hold all flags.
- Victory Conditions: Deplete the opposing team's tickets.
ription: Conquest Assault was first introduced in Battlefield 1942 and has been confirmed in all four maps in the Back to Karkand DLC released on December 6th for all PS3 owners of Battlefield 3. The gametype is currently exclusive to the DLC pack just as Conquest is exclusive to the ba se game.
Attack Helicopters and fighter jets are available in Rush as well as in Conquest and Conquest Assault. At launch there was no "Air Superiority" (jets-only) mode as seen in earlier Battlefield games though it may be added at a later date. Also hardcore and infantry-only options are present.
Note: The infantry-only option only removes all classes of vehicles except transports such as the HMMWV RIB etc.
Ranks and Unlocks
There are 45 regular ranks. After rank 45 (Colonel) Colonel service stars are introduced requiring 230000 points for each. There are 100 Colonel service stars in all for an overall total of 145 ranks. In comparison to Battlefield: Bad Company 2's multipla
There are also Battlefield 3: Ribbons and Medals (similar to BC2's Pins and Insignias) with examples being Rush Ribbon Shotgun Medal etc.
A new feature in Battlefield 3 are "Service Stars." These are added to the pla
Weapons unlocks obtained from the co-op campaign will be carried over to Multipla
DICE stated that it will take over "100 hours" to unlock everything for a kit in Multipla
Assignments were first mentioned via Battlelog and come with the Back to Karkand DLC. Pla
There are a total of 10 assignments in the DLC and more may be added in future DLC. The game will automatically tract the pla
FactionsThere are currently two multipla
Battlefield 3 includes a number of new and/or improved multipla
- Destruction 3.0: With Frostbite 2.0 comes the Destruction 3.0 engine. This engine allows debris that can injure/kill pla
yers and micro-destruction as well.
- Suppressive Fire: Firing at an enemy with the shots going near them the enemy's health regeneration stops and resets their accuracy drops and the edges of their screen become blurred. While suppression is most effective with the Support class and their LMG's any weapon is capable of suppressing an enemy.
- Disable Vehicles: Vehicles can now be disabled before they are destroyed. This makes land vehicles immobile (but turrets are still operable) while air vehicles become extremely difficult to control. When a vehicle is disabled it can be repaired but will also slowly bleed health.
- Vehicle Health Regeneration: Vehicles now slowly regenerate health when ***aged. Repairs from an Engineer are still far more effective and regen is canceled if the vehicle is disabled. Vehicles will start regenerating when it is under 75% health (server option).
- Console Server Browser: At Gamescom 2011 DICE confirmed that all consoles will have a server browser option.
- Immense Customization System: DICE claims that there will be years worth of unlocks and specializations to use in multipla
- Weapon Fire Modes: Returning from Battlefield 2 the pla
yer now has the option of choosing what fire-mode some weapons can fire in instead of a single fixed mode.
- Prone: The ability to go prone returns from Battlefield 2. The pla
yer is also able to dive though there is a delay in the ability to fire as the pla yer does so.
- Scope Glare: If a pla
yer is using a high power scope (6x and above) and is aimed in the direction of another pla yer a visible glare/glint shines off of the scope. This was added to balance the addition of the prone position.
- Commo-Rose: Also returning from Battlefield 2 is the Commo rose or communication rose.
- BattleRecorder:A feature to record gameplay and screenshots.
An Open Beta for Battlefield 3 announced at E3 2011 ran across the PS3 Xbox 360 and PC starting September 29 2011 and ending October 10 2011. The maps featured were Operation Métro and gamemode Rush (the same as in the Alpha trial) and Caspian Border in 64-pla
Owners of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition and Medal of Honor: Tier 1 Edition as well customers who preordered Battlefield 3 on EA's Origin service got 48-hour early access to the beta. This early access was originally intended to be a closed beta for owners of the special editions of Medal of Honor although for an unknown reason this was changed to the early access.
Glitches and Bugs Voltar ao índice »
Battlefield 3's game modes contain several glitches and bugs.
- When enemies are killed they may remain in the shooting postion. This has since been fixed by patch 1.01.
- Major A.I.s such as Cole that must be followed to proceed may freeze when going into cover or checkpoints causing the pla
yer to restart the entire mission to get past that point.
- Occuring with the bug mentioned above A.I.s like Montes and Campes will run to the exact same position stop and "phase" into each other.
- Dead A.I.s or objects may float in the air or get stuck in other objects and vehicles.
- Like other Battlefield games the game may freeze up during gameplay or in the menus.
yers may fall through or get stuck in a map ( rocks pits etc.)
- Like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when exiting a vehicle too fast the pla
yer may shoot his/her weapon.
- Guns may not reload when pressing the reload button the first time or they reload but without the reloading animation.
yers will get killed for no apparent reason with "Bad Luck" appearing. (wich is noticably patched)
- When spawning on a spawning beacon the pla
yer can spawn hundreds of feet in the air with a parachute though this can be an advantage.
- Lagging and disconnecting from EA servers constantly occurs.
yer's bodies may get stuck in walls or moving vehicles once killed.
- Opposite to a glitch in Bad Company 2 after winning a round the music played is the losing music even though the pla
yer's team clearly won. This goes for the the other team as well.
- A green or white screen may flash during gameplay. (wich is fixed during a recent patch)
- Like other Battlefield gamesthe game may freeze up during gameplay or in the menus.
yers may sometimes spawn with their arms raised like when free falling with out their gun showing. The pla yer can still shoot but the gun wont appear until switching weapons.
- In-game the leaderboards may only show the top pla
yer on the other team and vise-versa when there are obviously more then one pla yer on a team though your team can still see everyone on their team in the leaderboards.
yers can exit a vehicle before hitting a teammate killing them but only labeled "Bad Luck". This is one of the most unpopular glitches in the game.
- When looking at your stats the screen will read "please try again later" later multiple times before proceeding to the stats. This happens almost 100% of the time.
- When using a gun such as the M4 the game can get confused thinking the pla
yer is using the M4A1.
- When joining a game with a squad the game almost always splits the squad up either by kicking pla
yers to other squads or to the other team.
- When flying a jet out of bounds you may eject but die under the map.
- When viewing ribbons after a round the Assault class icon will only lightly flicker where it should be.
- If you get killed while looking trough a IR scope your killcam is somethimes still in green (this can be the same for the end result menu)
- You can somethimes noclip trough houses and floors (for example on Noshahr canals)
yers may be unable to revive teammates. This glitch was experienced in "Hit and Run" before the garage.
- When being shot down you somethimes keep your main weapon and a wierd point of view
- Like all other modes the game may freeze in the menus or in-game.
- After the train on"The Eleventh Hour" when your jumping down from the roof the AI in front of you will jump down and his M16 will float down with him without being held.
- In operation Exfiltration after leaving the jeep for the last time you may be unable to move or switch weapons only aiming firing jumping and crouching respond. This glitch occured on PC.
- In operation Exfiltration after leaving the jeep for the last time If you hide inside the same house where the ViP is hiding the enemy soldiers are nocliping trough the walls
Limited Edition Voltar ao índice »
The Battlefield 3 Limited Edition was formally announced at GDC 2011. A post on the Battlefield Blog confirmed that it will include early access to Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand (see below) at no extra cost.
People who pre-ordered via the EA Store received a unique version of the 870 Combat shotgun and an exclusive beret for use in Battlefield Play4Free although the unique shotgun only differs aesthetically and stats-wise is exactly the same as the normal 870 Combat available from the game's store. Also pre-ordering from EA's Origin Digital Download or Gamestop included the Physical Warfare Pack (which includes the Type 88 LMG DAO 12 Flechette ammo for the DAO-12 and a flash suppressor for the SKS) the Back to Karkand expansion and pre-loading the game which meant the game could be downloaded before release and played as soon as it is released. 48 hour early access to the Beta was granted to everybody who pre-ordered the Limited Edition from the EA Store.
It was also announced that the owners of the Limited Edition will get early access to the Mass Effect 3 demo in January 2012 another game DICE is helping to make.
Downloadable Content Voltar ao índice »
Battlefield 3 featured many different pre-order bonuses in the form of DLC available through different retailers. The first map pack Back to Karkand has also been announced. A post on the Battlefield Blog hints that there will be more downloadable content to be developed following the game's release all more or less the same size and quality as Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam. Niklas Fergraeus lead designer of Back to Karkand states: "Well with Battlefield: Bad Company 2 we did a lot of experimenting with DLC and I think that we learnt a lot along the way. The goal is that any content for Battlefield 3will be of the same quality as Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam." Other sources state that Battlefield 3 will have three times the DLC of Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
Dr. Pepper Promotional Offers
DICE has released codes on BF3 labed Dr. Pepper drink. A code unlocks one of five different dog-tags to be used in multipla
A Download code for five dog-tags was released exclusively for gamers 18 years or older in North America on launch day. To obtain the codes pla
Physical Warfare Pack
Having sparked widespread controversy because it would deprive pla
Back to KarkandBattlefield 3: Back to Karkand is available for free to anyone who preordered the game. It is a multipla
Unlike the ba
Marketing Voltar ao índice »
In a similar fashion to Battlefield: Bad Company and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Battlefield 3 has been heavily marketed since it's official announcement thanks to a marketing budget of nearly US$200 million from owner Electronic Arts. The first set of trailers after the Teaser Trailer was the introduction of the Fault Line series starting with the Battlefield 3: Gameplay Trailer and ending with the full twelve minute Battlefield 3: Fault Line Gameplay Trailer as well as a developer commentary by Patrick Bach and being the setting of the Battlefield 3: My Life Trailer which has commonly been shown as a TV advert during popular TV events such as the FA Cup final in the United Kingdom.
During E3 2011 the Thunder Run trailer was unveiled alongside two gameplay trailers set on the multipla
However despite the positive attitude towards the trailers the marketing from certain senior EA executives and staff hasn't been met without some criticism. A number of high-level EA staff began attacking main rivals Activision and in particular the Call of Duty series saying on several occasions that Battlefield 3 would soundly defeat the Call of Duty franchise or words to that effect. However Activision employees including publishing boss Eric Hirshberg responded negatively to these statements saying EA's attitude was bad for the industry as a whole.
PS3 Owners vs. EA Lawsuit
At Sony's E3 2011 press conference EA announced that for all PlayStation 3 pla
Soundtrack Voltar ao índice »
The sound track for Battlefield 3 has been changed somewhat from previous Battlefield games but returns to the "classic" Battlefield theme tune that was missing from Battlefield: Bad Company 2.The entire soundtrack features a more techno-feel to the music and can be heard throughout the game.
Novel Voltar ao índice »
The Battlefield 3: The Russian novel is written by respected author Andy Mcnab the novel takes place during the Global War of 2014 but there noticeble differences and it tells Dmitry "Dima" Mayakovsky point of view as well as Henry Blackburn's.
Differences: *SPOILER ALERT* New York isn't mentioned in the book nor set unlike the campaign in Battlefield 3.
- Dima stops the nuke from exploding inside Paris therefore contradicting the campaign story in the Game.
- Vladimir (from the mission Comrades) dosen't get killed in action.
- Kiril is instead replace by a man named "Kroll" who later dies.
- In Operation Swordbreaker Blackburn stabs a girl.
Trivia Voltar ao índice »
- A single-pla
yer mission was probably first hinted at in Game Informer.
- One lighting probe from Frostbite 2's lighting system contain(s) more lighting information than an entire level from Bad Company 2."
- This is the first non-EA Sports game to utilize ANT an animation program that powers EA games like FIFA to create realistic third person animations and smoother transitions for AI and multipla
- Sounds such as weapons firing is unique in different environments at different angles and at different distances.
- A dev console is present.
- "Fault Line Series - Episode 1: Bad Part of Town" was released the morning of March 2 2011; 1 day after a reveal event by EA and DICE showcasing 15 minutes of gameplay.
- When selected weapons are reloaded before the magazine is emptied there will be an extra round in the weapon when reloaded. Reloads of the weapon also differ between when the changed magazine is empty or when it still has rounds in it.
- For the first time in the Battlefield franchise the pla
yer is able to see their body as one can see in the gameplay trailer when the character jumps down from a ventilation shaft.
- When Battlefield 3 got 800000 likes on Facebook the 12 minute full-length trailer originally supposed to be uploaded on April 17 was released early. The producer's commentary was released on April 22.
- According to a GamersSpot article the dinosaur at the beginning of the E3 demo and Thunder Run trailer was placed in response to a 4chan thread in which a supposed Activision sales manager wondered why their Call of Duty game didn't sell as well on PC as it did on consoles with several responses saying it was due to a lack of dinosaurs. Gustav Halling a gameplay designer for Back to Karkand tweeted about it.
- Battlefield 3 is the first Battlefield game released on a Nintendo system.
- A tweet by senior gameplay designer Alan Kertz stated the detail in the shell casings are different ba
sed on US and RU weapons.
- In the Multipla
yer of Battlefield 3 the pla yer can actually engage in a small kill animation when attacking an enemy with his knife. If successful the pla yer will stab the enemy and continue to snag his dogtag that is hanging around the victim's neck.
- Vaulting and the pla
yer being able to see their own legs and arms was inspired by Mirror's Edge a game that was also developed by DICE
- On September 20 2011 DICE officially announced the Battlefield 3 Beta Date.
- On the back of the online pass in the Battlefield 3 case there is a possible teaser for a new Medal of Honor game that has a badge outline with a devilish smiley face and the number 1 in the middle of it's head. Another possible hint for a new game is that the rating is RP (Rating Pending).
- Battlefield 3's version of the infamous Wake Island is much larger and "darker" than in earlier counterparts.
Trailers Voltar ao índice »
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FEiyQCscbMo&enablejsapi=1&fs=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Television Ad Gameplay Teaser Trailer
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AzA4dv0xkzg&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Extended version of the Op. Guillotine Trailer
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5eLbPQt_Pk&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Operation Guillotine Teaser Trailer
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-ukxgldpOo&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Physical Warfare Pack DLC Trailer
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vfaiWmyPwuU&enablejsapi=1&fs=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Gamescom 2011 EA press briefing featuring coop mode gameplay
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDDfPxF3EFE&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Caspian Border gameplay trailer
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XhBjBy5OOFY&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UwOrl036_A&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Thunder Run gameplay trailer
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W12yclr0d3w&enablejsapi=1&fs=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
E3 2011 Battlefield 3 conference
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dQTC3NXxR5M&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
E3 Frostbite 2 trailer
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_8D4D5VeMsk&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Operation Métro multipla
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXaFw7aC9GE&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
EA PWNED interview with DICE featuring information on Frostbite 2 Back to Karkand Battlefield 3 weapons and more
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GOxCZ5pgl0w&enablejsapi=1&fs=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Full length Fault Line trailer with developer commentary
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zw8SmsovJc&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Full length Fault Line trailer
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TfrrAp1blaM&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
My Life trailer
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LICK3kmBy6Y&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Fault Line Series - Episode III: Get that Wire Cut
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BuwMxem8gjQ&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Fault Line Series - Episode II: Good Effect On Target
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HQ7I9u6hJHk&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Fault Line Series - Episode I: Bad Part of Town
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wi2tae2PmmU&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
Premier gameplay trailer
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xP0Ij1_VTY0&enablejsapi=1&fs=1&hd=1" width="300" height="170" wmode="transparent" allowsc
References Voltar ao índice »
- Official Battlefield 3 Site
- Full Game Informer article provided by Planet Battlefield
- EA's Battlefield 3 Forums